Great tech support starts with great technical skills. But to be truly effective as a support engineer or support analyst requires some finesse in handling customers. The Managing Customers workshop provides practical, hands-on techniques to work effectively with customers and includes many opportunities to practice difficult situations in a safe, supporting environment. And it’s also a great venue for sharing and learning from “war stories”.
The two-day workshop uses small-group techniques, multiple role plays, and individualized post-training action plans to ensure that the training is not only fun and informative, but leads to long-term behavior changes.
- The Support profession
- Listening skills
- Magic words: good and bad
- Effective communications via phone and email
- The Support Loop (an intuitive and powerful tool to understand customer service)
- Getting the customer to cooperate
- Saying no
- Taking control of the case resolution process
- Customer styles: what they are and how to flex to them
- The customer is not always right: how to handle the difficult ones
- Managing escalations
- Time management
- Stress management
We customize each delivery to suit your exact needs. For more information or to schedule a session, please contact us.
Looking for a workshop for customer service reps? We have a one-day version of this workshop specifically designed for non-technical teams that interact with technically-savvy customers, Successful Customer Service.